Sonshine Media Network International (SMNI) is committed to protect and respect the privacy of your personal data. We are at the forefront of implementing and complying with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
You are currently here in this subpage on how to “Become a Kingdom Citizen”.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT ARE COLLECTED
Personal information refer to pieces of information that distinctly identify you as a person, such as your name, age, civil status, home address, email address, contact numbers and other information that are not otherwise publicly available.
In order for us to respond to your inquiry, we collect the following information from you: your name, postal address, email address, contact number, your particular reason for inquiring about becoming a Kingdom Citizen, and any information and remarks that you may voluntarily provide.
COLLECTION METHOD AND TIME OF COLLECTION
We collect your personal information through Google Forms when you fill in your personal data in the form.
Collection by us of your personal information shall occur after you shall have filled in all your personal information in the form and clicked the button “SUBMIT”.
USE OF COLLECTED PERSONAL INFORMATION
All personal information collected from you shall be used with transparency, proportionality, and for legitimate purposes only, specifically to respond to your inquiry on becoming a Kingdom Citizen, to give you a call-back or to reply to you by email and, in general, to communicate with you and address your inquiries. They shall also be used to verify the authenticity of the person making the query.
We will only collect an adequate, relevant, material, and necessary personal information that is suitable to our purpose.
TRANSFER OR SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not transfer or share the personal information that you have provided to any third party.
STORAGE, RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
All personal data collected from you shall be stored in a secure email account.
We shall retain your personal information for a period of three (3) months from the time that we make initial communication with you in the form of a telephone call or email to verify the authenticity of the inquiry made and the information supplied.
After the lapse of such period, your personal information shall be deemed obsolete and shall be disposed of in a secure manner that would prevent further processing thereof by any other person.
RISKS INVOLVED AND SECURITY MEASURES
The risks involved in the collection and processing of your personal information are the unauthorized access thereto, unauthorized use and disclosure, and accidental deletion thereof.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
To the extent that we are able to do so using the Google Forms platform, all the rights of a data subject under The Data Privacy Act of 2012 shall be available to you. Specifically, these rights are:
A. Right to be Informed
You have the right to be informed whether personal data pertaining to you shall be, are being, or have been processed.
You shall be notified and furnished with information indicated hereunder before the entry of your personal data into the processing system of SMNI, or at the next practical opportunity:
- a. description of your personal data to be entered into the processing system;
- b. purposes for which they are being or will be processed;
- c. basis of processing, when processing is not based on your consent;
- d. scope and method of the processing of your personal data;
- e. the recipients to whom your personal data are or may be disclosed or shared;
- f. methods utilized for automated access, if the same is allowed by you, and the extent to which such access is authorized;
- g. the identity and contact details of the SMNI DPO;
- h. the period for which your personal data will be stored; and
- i. the existence of your rights as a data subject.
B. Right to Object
You shall have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, including processing for automated access or profiling. You shall also be notified and given an opportunity to withhold consent to the processing in case of changes or amendments in the information supplied or declared to you in the preceding section.
When you object or withhold consent, SMNI shall no longer process your personal data, unless:
- the personal data is needed pursuant to a court subpoena;
- the processing of your personal data is for obvious purposes, such as when it is necessary for the performance of, or in relation to, a contract or service to which you are a party, or when necessary or desirable in the context of an employer-employee relationship between you and SMNI; or
- when collection and processing of your personal data is needed to comply with a legal obligation.
C. Right to Access
Upon demand, you shall have the right to reasonable access to the following:
- contents of your personal data that were processed by us;
- sources from which your personal data were obtained;
- manner by which your personal data were processed;
- names and addresses of recipients of your personal data, if any;
- reasons for the disclosure of your personal data to recipients, if any;
- information on automated processes where your personal data will or is likely to be made as the sole basis for any decision that significantly affects or will affect you;
- date when your personal data were last accessed and modified; and
- the designation, name and email address of the SMNI DPO.
D. Right to Rectification
You shall have the right to dispute any inaccuracy or error in your personal data, and ask SMNI to correct it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is reasonably deemed by us to be vexatious or otherwise unreasonable. If your personal data has been corrected, SMNI shall ensure the accessibility of both the new and the retracted personal data, and the simultaneous receipt of said data by the intended recipients thereof, if any: Provided, That upon your reasonable request, recipients or third parties, if any, who have previously received your processed personal data shall be informed of its inaccuracy and the subsequent rectification thereof.
E. Right to Erasure or Blocking
You shall have the right to suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your personal data from SMNI’s filing system.
- This right may be exercised upon discovery and substantial proof of any of the following:
- (a) Your personal data is incomplete, outdated, false, or unlawfully obtained;
- (b) Your personal data is being used for purposes not authorized by you;
- (c) Your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected;
- (d) You have decided to withdraw your consent or you object to the further processing of your personal data, and there is no other legal ground or overriding legitimate interest for the continued processing thereof by SMNI;
- (e) Your personal data concerns private information that is prejudicial to you, unless processing thereof is justified by the freedoms of speech, expression, or the press guaranteed under our Constitution, or is otherwise authorized;
- (f) The processing is unlawful; or
- (g) Your rights have been violated.
- The SMNI DPO may, upon your reasonable request, notify third parties, if any, who have previously received your processed personal data that you have withdrawn your consent to the further processing thereof.
F. Transmissibility of Your Rights
Your lawful heirs and assigns may invoke your rights as a data subject at any time after your death, or when you become incapacitated or incapable of exercising your said rights.
G. Data Portability
Where your personal data is processed by us through electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, you shall have the right to obtain a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows for further use by you. The exercise of this right shall primarily take into account your right to have control over your personal data being processed based on consent or contract, for commercial purposes, or through automated means. The SMNI DPO shall regularly monitor and implement the National Privacy Commission’s issuances specifying the electronic format referred to above, as well as the technical standards, modalities, procedures and other rules for their transfer, if applicable.
H. Right to Damages
You have the right to file a complaint before the appropriate tribunal for inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, or unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information belonging to you, and to be indemnified for any duly established damages that may have been sustained by you by reason thereof.
Cookies are small data files that are written into your device when you visit our website. They are designed to enable you to have full functionality and excellent user experience when you access our website.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
For any questions and concerns that you may have regarding your personal data provided to us, please contact us at this email address: email@example.com.
- a. To make a call back or return call to you, or to reply to you by email or post;
- b. To verify the authenticity of the inquiry received; and
- c. To provide you with further information that you may need with regard to your query.
You acknowledge that you are afforded certain rights such as the right to access, verify and cause the correction, modification, removal or deletion of your personal data, or to withdraw your consent and/or edit your consent preferences at any time through a written request to SMNI’s DPO.